I know what you're thinking, how can pizza possibly be good as a muffin? Well, friends, let me tell you. These little pizza muffins are possibly one of the best gluten free things I have ever made. They're gooey, cheesy and are nearly better than actual pizza. And the best part is you wouldn't even know they are gluten free. I had to cut myself off, or I would have eaten all twelve of them.
Not only are these pizza muffins very tasty, they're super easy to put together. And you don't have to dirty too many dishes - which if you're like me and hate doing dishes, this is an added bonus. All in all, I'm sure to be making these again, and again, and...
Gluten Free Pizza MuffinsIngredients
King Arthur Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Flour
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning
1-1/2 cups milk
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1-2 cups pepperoni slices, quartered
1 can/jar pizza sauce or marinara, heated on stove or in microwave
1) Preheat oven to 375F. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2) In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and Italian seasoning. Add eggs and milk and whisk until well combined.
3) Stir in mozzarella and quartered pepperoni (and other toppings if using). Mix well.
4) Divide mixture evenly into muffin pan. Just under 1/4 cup per muffin will about divide the mixture pretty evenly.
5) Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
6) Let cool in pan for a couple minutes. Remove and serve with marinara/pizza sauce for dipping.